Details on Admissions to DGSB can be found below. To access information and application forms for entry to DGSB for September 2021, please click on Admission 2021-22 Intake.
If you have any queries regarding admissions, please email email@example.com.
Dates for your diary:
- Secondary Common Application Form (SCAF) online - Deadline 2nd November 2020.
- The offer of a school place will be sent via email after 4pm on 1st March 2021 by the Local Authority and posted by ourselves on 3rd March 2021. You must confirm whether you wish to accept or refuse the place by 15th March 2021.
- If your son has not been offered a place at DGSB and you wish to appeal for a place, you must return your appeal form available, found by clicking on the link below, to us by 28th March 2021.
- If your child is due to start secondary school in September 2021 you can appeal between 1st March -28 March 2021 to guarantee that your appeal will be heard by 14 June 2021. For applications made in the normal admission round, appeals must be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. For late applications, appeals should be heard within 40 schools days from the deadline for lodging appeals where possible, or within 30 schools days of the appeals being lodged.
Dates for your diary:
- Secondary Common Application Form (SCAF) - Deadline 31 October 2019.
- The offer of a school place will be posted on Monday 2nd March 2020 by the Local Authority and by ourselves on Wednesday 4th March 2020. You must confirm whether you wish to accept or refuse the place by Monday 16th March 2020.
- If your son has not been offered a place at DGSB and you wish to appeal for a place, you must return your appeal form to us by Friday 27th March 2020.
If your child is due to start secondary school in September 2020 you can appeal between 2nd March – 27th March 2020 to guarantee that your appeal will be heard by 15th June 2020. For applications made in the normal admission round, appeals must be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. For late applications, appeals should be heard within 40 school days from the deadline for lodging appeals where possible, or within 30 school days of the appeals being lodged.
If you wish to appeal for a place at our school, you should complete your appeal form and return it to Dover Grammar School for Boys by Friday 27th March 2020. The appeal form is available here. If you have any queries regarding the appeals process please contact Tessa Cook, Office Manager, for assistance on 01304 206117.
Appeals Form – Deadline Friday 27th March 2020.
Key Admissions Information
Admission of Pupils September 2021
The following information is available for you to download:
Admissions - 2021-22 Intake
Important Information on Open Events and DGSB Admission Testing Arrangements for current Year 6 students (2020-21) for Entry in September 2021
DGSB Open Events for Year 5/6 Pupils and Parents
In line with current Government guidance we have not held any on site open events. However, in Term 1 and Term 2 we have run "DGSB Meet The Headteacher" virtual open events, which were fully booked. If you are interested in being on the waiting list for future events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also see the Virtual Open Evening section of our website for some great videos to introduce you and your son to our school.
If your child's application might be affected by any registered disability and you need to access the school site to check its suitability, please contact email@example.com for a confidential discussion in the first instance.
DGSB Year 6 Dover Boys Test Arrangements for September 2021 Admission
The Dover Boys Admission Test took place on Saturday 17th October with over 260 pupils attending. A second Dover Test session took place later in the autumn to allow students who were self-isolating, on religious observance or otherwise unable to attend due to diagnosed illness to access the test.
For information from Kent County Council about the Kent Test 2020, please click on the following document: KCC FAQs on the Kent Test Process Autumn 2020
Full information on the arrangements for the Dover Test, including the application form, can be found below:
Supplementary Information Form 2021 - Children Previously in Care Outside of England - PDF VersionSupplementary Information Form 2021 - Children Previously in Care Outside of England - Editable Word Version
Virtual Open Evening 2020
Welcome to our DGSB Year 5 Virtual Open Evening!
Although, sadly, we can't welcome you physically to DGSB this term, we wanted to give you a taste of what it means to be a member of "Team DGSB" at this exciting time, with our new school build now underway! We have therefore created a Virtual Open Evening for Year 5 pupils and parents to allow you to get a sense of what it is like to be a student at DGSB.
Simply click on the links below to take part in our DGSB Virtual Open Evening:
If you have any questions about admission to DGSB in 2021 or about the school more generally please take a look at the resources in the Admissions section of our website and/or contact our Admissions Officer, Mrs Tessa Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org.