For all information about uniform at DGSB, please click on the headings below.
DGSB Uniform - Key Information
- Black blazer with the school crest
- Black trousers
- Socks that are plain and dark in colour
- White shirts
- School tie
- Black shoes and laces (PLEASE NOTE: trainers [Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, Reebok etc.] and boots of any description are NOT allowed as normal footwear)
- Jumper, if worn, must be a plain navy blue or black with no logos
- Belts should be plain
- Reversible School rugby/football jersey
- Navy blue shorts for games and PE
- School football/rugby socks
- Football boots
- Trainers with non-marking soles – Good grip needed for Cross Country and Orienteering
- Shower towel
- Navy blue tracksuit (optional)
- Waterproof sports top (optional)
- Shin pads, gumshield – essential for Games activities
- Athletics vest of colour designated for the house
- All items of clothing must be clearly marked with the student's name
- Tracksuits and waterproof sports tops are not compulsory but do prove useful in the cold and wet weather. If these are worn then we simply ask that they be navy blue.
- Hair should be kept neat and tidy and of a natural colour.
- Hoodies of any description - zipped or overhead - are not permitted.
- Ear-rings, nose-rings and other forms of facial jewellery are not permitted.
- Make-up is not permitted in Key Stage 3 or 4.
These requirements reflect the importance we attach to the appearance of our students both at School, on their way to and from School and when representing DGSB on site and in the wider community. Please check with the School if you are unsure about the suitability of any items of clothing.
Where to Buy
Channel Uniforms Ltd., 118 Sandgate Road, Folkestone, Kent CT20 2BW
Tel: 01303-487075 / 01303-487185.
Pre-loved School Uniform
To support our parents and carers during these challenging financial times, we offer a 'pre-loved' uniform service.
If you have any new or nearly new uniform which is in good condition but which may no longer fit your son but could be used by other students, we would be very grateful if you could help us help others by donating items to DGSB.
This could include blazers, ties, shoes, trousers etc. that are in a clean and serviceable condition. If you have any of these items that you wish to donate, please drop them into main reception (Monday to Friday during office hours) at DGSB washed and in a sealed bag with your name, and the type and size of clothing on a piece of paper stapled/attached to the bag.
These donated uniform items will then be made available to other students who may need them.
If you wish to enquire about the donated uniform, please email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org, stating which items of uniform you are looking for and in what size.
DGSB Uniform Policy
For our Uniform Policy, please click here: DGSB Uniform Policy