Sixth Form Dress Code
Our gender neutral dress code is positive in nature, meaning that all items specifically listed below may be worn. Please presume that any items not listed are, therefore, not permitted. If you require clarification about a particular item not listed, please speak to Mr Polden before wearing it to school.
All items on the list below may be worn by DGSB Sixth Form students:
- Smart trousers
- Smart skirt of an appropriate length
- Smart dress of an appropriate length
- Smart shirt with collar
- Smart blouse
- Smart jumper
- Smart cardigan
- Smart leather or suede shoes (or shoes of leather/suede appearance)
- Smart jacket or blazer
- Formal items, such as waistcoats and ties, are optional
Please also be aware of the following:
- Coats may be worn but are to be removed once inside classrooms/study areas
- A single piercing in each ear is permitted
- Hair should be of a natural colour
- When the main school moves to ‘summer uniform’, DGSB Sixth Form students will be permitted to wear smart, chino-style shorts of an appropriate length
Please assume that anything not specifically listed above is not allowed. For example, visible tattoos and facial piercings are not included on the list, so are not permitted. Any clothing with rips, holes or large logos/slogans will not be deemed as being ‘smart’ and the judgement of the Senior Leadership Group will be final on all matters relating to the Sixth Form Dress Code.
Finally, please remember that the dress code in the sixth form is a privilege not enjoyed by other members of the school community. It reflects the level of maturity and independence we expect from our sixth form students and any student failing to comply with it may be sent home to change.