Free School Meals
You could save money by registering your son for Free School Meals!
A full tummy helps children concentrate in class and allows them to reach their full potential. If your son is eligible, it means he can enjoy tasty meals without the cost which accompanies a packed lunch. Many students at DGSB are already eating free school meals; and with a professional cook preparing a hearty breakfast and healthy lunch for your child, it gives them an appetite for learning and gives you one less thing to worry about.
Your child may be entitled to receive free school meals if you receive one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Further information can be found by clicking on the links below:
- Key information section of DGSB website
- DGSB PP pledge
- DGSB PP action plan
- Parent’s Guide to the Pupil Premium
- Why Free School Meals are important.
How to Apply
- Click here to complete the online application for Free School Meals from Kent County Council.
- Click here to complete the DGSB daily breakfast order form for an existing Free School Meals account. This needs to be completed every day by 3pm for an order to be collected from the school canteen the following morning between 8.15am and 8.35am. Orders for Monday need to be done by 3pm the previous Friday.
- Click here if you are awaiting a decision from Kent County Council and need food supplies.
If you need to update/change your details for an existing Free School Meals account you need to call Kent County Council on 03000 41 51 23 between 8:30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com who will be able to offer guidance.